You Can Make A Difference in the Fight Against Hunger...
DONATING YOUR TIME
You can help by donating your time as a volunteer for one or more of the following positions. Training is involved. We also need help a few times a year when there is a large, scheduled food drive.
Note: Due to confidentiality and set schedules, we can not accept school youth or children helping us.
Please contact Sharon Guenther if you are interested in volunteering: 540-229-9633.
There are several positions you can volunteer to help:
- Food Giver: Choose and bag food items to make meals for the client’s needs
- Weekly Sorter: Sort donated items ad place in designated locations
- Stocker: Stock shelves when items are low
- Packaging: Re-package bulk supplies for smaller portion usage
- Pick-ups: Weekly pick up of donated items from local stores (pick-up truck required)
DONATIONS AND FUNDRAISING
There are many ways in which to help the Food Closet without volunteering on a weekly basis. Here are a few ideas. Please contact the Food Closet before starting a large project.
- Neighborhood Food Drive
- Office Food Drive
- Organization Fundraiser
- Donate venison to Hunters for the Hungry
- Hold a Bake Sale
- Food Stores donate unsold items
- Restaurants donate unsold items
- Monetary donations
- Donations in memory of a loved one
Please call us with your ideas and we can help you with the details. You can have a lot of fun, working together while helping our neighbors.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER