The Food Closet operates solely on the generosity of over 90 volunteers, but more are always needed. Will you consider helping? You can volunteer for one or more of the following positions. Training is involved. We also need help a few times a year when large, scheduled food drives take place. Due to confidentiality, schedules, and training involved, we can not accept school youth volunteers. All positions, with the exception of picking up donations, have flexible schedules and can work as little or as much you like.
- Food Giver: Choose and bag food items to make meals for the client’s needs. (varied 2 hour shifts are Monday – Friday between 9 AM -1 PM)
- Weekly Sorter: Sort donated items ad place in designated locations. (Flexible schedules)
- Stocker: Stock shelves when items are low. (Flexible schedules)
- Packaging: Re-package bulk supplies for smaller portion usage. (Flexible schedules)
- Pick-ups: Weekly pick-up of donated items from local stores and drop locations in town. A pick-up truck is required and ability to lift up to 50 lbs. (Set schedules a few days each week)
“The impact from this ministry could not happen without our giving and gracious volunteers, and the generous donations from the community. We hope you’ll consider giving or volunteering to help feed more families in need.