You Can Make A Difference in the Fight Against Hunger...
DONATING YOUR TIME
You can help by donating your time as a volunteer for one or more of the following positions. Training is involved with our regular positions, so we don’t accept youth helping us for their short term, school projects. We also need help a few times a year when there is a large, scheduled food drive.
Please contact Sharon Guenther if you are interested in volunteering: 540-229-9633.
There are several positions you can volunteer to help:
- Food Giver: Choose and bag food items to make meals for the client’s needs
- Weekly Sorter: Sort donated items ad place in designated locations
- Stocker: Stock shelves when items are low
- Packaging: Re-package bulk supplies for smaller portion usage
- Pick-ups: Weekly pick up of donated items from local stores (pick-up truck required)
DONATIONS AND FUNDRAISING
There are many ways in which to help the Food Closet without volunteering on a weekly basis. Here are a few ideas. Please contact the Food Closet before starting a large project.
- Neighborhood Food Drive
- Office Food Drive
- Organization Fundraiser
- Donate venison to Hunters for the Hungry
- Hold a Bake Sale
- Food Stores donate unsold items
- Restaurants donate unsold items
- Monetary donations
- Donations in memory of a loved one
Please call us with your ideas and we can help you with the details. You can have a lot of fun, working together while helping our neighbors.
BECOME A VOLUNTEER